Metafile Companion Download, Upgrade, Free Trial
Metafile Companion is a simple drawing program for Microsoft Windows that can easily edit Windows metafiles in WMF, EMF and CLP files or from the clipboard.
Without a license key, the program will run for 30 uses and then you will be asked to purchase a license (license agreement).
If you have licensed a previous version of Metafile Companion, you can download this version and install it as an upgrade for free. You can see what is new for this version in the Version History.
System Requirements: Microsoft Windows (10, 8, 7, Vista and XP) and 1.4 MB of hard disk space.
To get started using Metafile Companion, please:
Download Metafile Companion v1.4.3 Setup.msi to your desktop or another folder. If your browser supports it, you can run the installer directly while downloading.
(If you have trouble downloading or trouble installing, see the hints below.)
- Run the “Metafile-Companion-v1.4.3-Setup.msi” file that you downloaded (e.g. double click on Metafile-Companion-v1.4.3-Setup.msi from Windows Explorer).
- Follow the instructions on screen. Press Enter at each step for the standard installation.
- (Optional) Delete “Metafile-Companion-v1.4.3-Setup.msi” from your system.* (It is not needed once the program has been installed. )
After completing these steps, you can run Metafile Companion and put it to the test!
If you like Metafile Companion (and you probably will) please purchase a license! If not, it includes a complete uninstall feature.
*You may distribute free evaluation copies of Metafile-Companion-v1.4.3-Setup.msi to your friends or colleagues. If you will be making more than ten copies, please contact us for approval.
If you were not able to download the Metafile Companion installer successfully, you may want to:
- Try again at a different time of day.
- Try using a different browser or computer to download.
If you were able to download the Metafile Companion installer but not install it, you may want to:
- Check the size of the Metafile-Companion-v1.4.3-Setup.msi file by right-clicking on it in Windows Explorer and choosing “Properties”. You should see:
Size: 876 KB (897,024 bytes).
If it does not say this, then it was not downloaded properly and you should try to download it again.
- Make sure the download isn’t in a deeply nested folder. For example, download to “C:\Temp”. This may avoid an installer problem.
Good luck and thank you for your patience. Please contact us if you are still having problems downloading or installing the program.